Sorry it’s been a while since my last post. I have been busy immersing myself in the food/outdoor culture in Berkeley. My new gym, Ironworks Berkeley, offers a wide range of physical activities including rock climbing, bouldering, yoga, spin classes, kick boxing and weight lifting. Even with all these options I like to step outside to enjoy an outdoor workout at least once a week. Outdoor workouts call for some creativity. Here is what I came up with this week.
1. Start with 60 Mountain Climbers (as demonstrated in the video below)
2. 10- 15 Burpees
3. 20 Air Squats
Repeat exercises #1-3 3x
4. 20 Step-Ups with right leg fast pace then switch to 20 left leg. Use a park bench or stairs
5. 12 Tricep Dips holding for 3 seconds at the bottom everytime
6. 12 Single Leg Deadlifts on each leg:
(Don’t need to use bosu ball)
7. 20 Backward lunges each leg
Repeat exercises #4-7 3x
8. 2 one-minute Planks
9. 20 Side Plank Dips (each side): Start in side plank position with elbow & forearm on ground
Repeat exercises # 8 & 9 2xs
5 minutes or more of a full body stretch. Take a deep breath of fresh air!